Holiday Dinners from the Garden
For some lucky people, the garden's bounty hasn't been depleted yet. What would make a Holiday dinner better than fresh fares from the garden? Before you overturn the garden for next year, look at what's left. A bit of kale, some squash, a pumpkin or two that weren't ready for Halloween, some resilient herbs that are leftover, what about your potatoes and carrots? These have the means to dress any holiday meal.
- There is nothing more rewarding for a gardener than the ability to share their harvest.
- Braised kale makes an absolutely delicious side dish to your turkey.
- Butternut squash is an incredibly versatile vegetable. Cream it into soup for a fabulous starter, bake it into scrumptious bread, or steam it for a side dish.
- Pumpkin pie is a great dessert and this year you can boast that it's from your own garden.
- If you left a few potatoes and carrots behind, dig them up - no meal is complete without mashed potatoes and a vegetable side dish!
- Finally, add some thyme or rosemary to your gravy for a unique twist on a Holiday dinner staple
Whether it's an intimate celebration or a large family get together, be sure to secure your bragging rights and use what's left in your garden! Visit our Recipes section. Cheers!